Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

M-I-Z-Z-O-U....You Break My Heart

Come on Mizzou. I don't understand how you can't get up for a game in Lawrence. It just makes me sick. How can a team consistently look good against other good teams, then tank against KU in Lawrence? Last night, Missouri destroyed Oklahoma in Columbia. Blake Griffin, the likely NCAA player of the year, was playing. KU barely beat OU with Griffin in the lineup, and Mizzou obliterated them with him. Why couldn't they take that intensity to Lawrence?

I understand it is a hostile crowd, and you're constantly getting hit on by men. I could see how that would be a distraction. But come on, you haven't won there in years and it's like a 3 hour drive. You should spend the first 5 minutes of the game putting anyone who comes in the lane on their back. If Cole Aldrich tries that back door cut for an 'oop and dunk, Lyons and Carrol should stop, turn their back into him, "box him out," and take his legs out from under him.

I know this all sounds harsh, but that's how you win on the road. No one wants to play on the road. You have to make the home team not want to be playing that game either. Mizzou wanted nothing to do with KU, and it is unfortunate.

They could have made a great season something really special.

No comments: